Attestation of documents
The Consular Section of the Embassy performs notary duties by way of attesting documents. The following types of documents are generally attested:
|1.||General Attestation||US$ 12.00 + Tg 4,000.00|
|2.||Attestation of affidavits/documents pertaining to sale, purchase, power of attorney, mortgage, transfer, gift etc. of real estate or moveable properties||US$ 20.00 + Tg 4,000.00|
|3.||Attestation of pension papers, life certificate etc. pertaining to pensioners|
|4.||For affixing Consular Officers signature and seal, if required, for declarations of pay or pension.||Gratis|
Download application E.A.(P)-2 Form
1. For any of the above services, the original document should be submitted along with a photocopy of the same. Copy of the passport also should be attached along with the application.
2. NOTE: The Embassy does not attest any certificate issued in India. Such attestations are done within India only through the process of apostille. The procedure of apostilling/legalising a document in India is explained at URL http://www.mea.gov.in/legalization-of-documents.htm . A document apostilled in India does not need attestation by the Embassy of India.
Registration of Birth and issue of Birth Certificate
In case parents of a child want their child to acquire Indian Citizenship, birth of the child should be registered with the Embassy within one year of the birth of the child. Parents should ensure that they register the birth of their child as soon as possible as delay in registration of birth might create complications in grant of Indian citizenship/passport to their child.
- The application for registration of birth should be accompanied by all original documents plus one copy each of the:
- Application form for registration of birth (Download Birth Registration form )
- Passports of both parents
- Birth Certificate issued by the hospital
- Registration of Birth of the child issued by the local authorities and English translation of the Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Sworn Affidavit jointly signed by both the parents declaring that they have no objection to the registration of the birth of the baby with the Indian Embassy as an Indian national and issue of an Indian passport
- A declaration that the child does not hold the passport of any country
- Four photos
|Fees||US$ 25.00 + Tg 4,000.00|
Note: Parents are advised to apply for Birth Certificate together with Passport of new born babies.